What is P.E.T.?
P.E.T. is a practical, hands-on course that teaches healthier communication skills that are immediately usable.
You will learn how:
- To really listen to your children when they have problems and to assist them in solving their own difficulties
- To assertively communicate so that kids willingly change their unacceptable behavior to help you meet your own needs
- To collaborate when solving conflicts so that nobody loses and everyone feels respected
P.E.T. gives you a strong conceptual framework to fall back on in high stress moments. You can then decide what your role is and how to approach the issue so as to foster a close and happy relationship with your children.
P.E.T. was developed in 1962 by Dr. Thomas Gordon -- a three time Nobel Peace Prize nominee for his work in conflict resolution -- and continues to be taught in over 40 countries today. His book has been translated into 32 languages.
The P.E.T. Philosophy
The P.E.T. philosophy supports parents and children in seeing the innate goodness in each other. Dr. Gordon believed that children do not "misbehave" but rather, like adults, simply act to meet valid needs.
Families can be open and democratic -- even through the teenage years -- when there is a foundation of trust that the other person will want to change their behavior to help you meet your needs. The key is in finding a way to listen to your kids so that you can both learn what their needs are (sometimes they don't know either!) and to talk to them honestly, without blame.
In the P.E.T. model, families solve problems fairly, share values respectfully and enjoy a bigger "No Problem" zone than ever before.
What P.E.T can do for you
- Parent Effectiveness Training is an investment in the most precious asset in this world: your family
- P.E.T. makes possible deeper connections with your children and significant others
- P.E.T. empowers you to raise children who act out of consideration for others, rather than to avoid a punishment or to get a reward
- P.E.T. gives you real, long-lasting influence with your children
- P.E.T. allows you to model skills for your children that will improve every single relationship they ever have
You practice in class so you can start using your skills immediately at home. Check out these results after a single lesson on "Active Listening."
Two courses this Spring 2016
Sign up now and you will:
- Learn a framework and skills that you can fall back on in high stress moments
- Become closer to your children (they will want to be around you and you will want to be around them!)
- Raise kids who are honest and act out of consideration for others
- Model skills for your children that will improve every relationship they ever have
Come to my FREE info session on Monday February 22, 2016 OR Thursday, March 10, 2016 from 12-1pm. You will hear a course overview, get a look at a typical class and experience for yourself how important P.E.T. can be for your family! Sign up here.